Blogger Widgets Get Answer From Quran & Sunnha

Pages

welcome

Get answers from Quran & sunnha, so ask your question.Make this page your final destination to get convincing answers in the light of QURAN & SUNNHA

sleeping on stomach

Question:

sir, I want to ask that is sleeping downwords ie my front side of body touches ground & my back side is upwords, prohibited in islam

Answer:

Hadrat Yaish bin Tikhfah Al-Ghifari (r.a.) reported: ‘My father said: “I was lying down on my belly in the masjid when someone shook me with his foot, and said, "Lying down this way (upon one’s stomach) is disapproved by Allah.`` I looked up and saw that it was Messenger of Allah (saws).”’ Related by Abu Dawud.

Narrated by Abu Hurayrah When Allah's Messenger (saws) saw a man lying on his stomach he said, "This is a method of lying down which Allah does not like." Al-Tirmidhi [ 4718]

Narrated by Abu Dharr The Prophet (saws) came upon him when he was lying on his stomach, jerked him with his foot and said, "Jundub, only those who go to Hell (the Shayateen) lie like this!" Al-Tirmidhi [ 4731]

Thus from the guidance of prophet Mohammad it is clear that lying on the stomach is not liked by Allah & only shaytan likes that way of sleeping. So a believer should abstain from doing an act which is not liked by Allah & his messenger(pbuh).