Blogger Widgets Get Answer From Quran & Sunnha

Pages

welcome

Get answers from Quran & sunnha, so ask your question.Make this page your final destination to get convincing answers in the light of QURAN & SUNNHA

Does touching private parts invalidate(break) wudu(ablution)?





Answer:

All the scholars are unanimous in their opinion that the following acts invalidate one’s wudu or ablution:

1. Any release from one’s private parts (urine, sexual emission, wet dream release, menses blood for women, stool, wind, etc.)
2. Sexual emission.
3. Wet dreams.
4. Menses blood.
5. Stool (offering call of nature).
6. Releasing wind.
7. Deep sleep
8. Sexual intercourse.

Regarding the acts mentioned below, there are a difference of opinion amoung the scholars, whether these acts invalidate wudu or not.

1. The touching of one’s private parts.
2. The touching of women.
3. Constant bleeding of blood from any part of the body.
4. Vomiting.
5. The consuming of camel meat.
6. The washing of a deceased’s body.



Regarding the breaking of wudu by touching ones private parts, there is the difference of opinion among the scholars. Those scholars who say that the ablution (wudu) breaks by touching private parts, base their opinion on the below mentioned saying of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh).

Narrated Busrah daughter of Safwan: Abdullah ibn AbuBakr reported that he heard Urwah say: I entered upon Marwan ibn al-Hakam. We mentioned things that render the ablution void. Marwan said: Does it become void by touching the penis? Urwah replied: This I do not know. Marwan said: Busrah daughter of Safwan reported to me that she heard the Messenger of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: He who touches his penis should perform ablution. ABU-DAWOUD[Book 1 : Hadith 181]

Yahya related to me from Malik from Nafi that Salim ibn 'Abdullah said, "I was with Abdullah ibn Umar on a journey and after the sun had risen I saw him do wudu and then pray. So I said to him, 'This isn't a prayer that you normally do. 'He said, 'After I had done wudu for the subh prayer, I touched my genitals. Then I forgot to do wudu. So I did wudu again and repeated my prayer.' " MALIK MUWATTA [Book 2 : Hadith 2.16.65 ]

Yahya related from Malik from Ibn Shihab that Salim ibn Abdullah said, "I saw my father Abdullah ibn Umar, do ghusl and then do wudu. I said to him, 'Father, isn't ghusl enough for you?' He said, 'Of course, but sometimes I touch my penis, so I do wudu.' " MALIK MUWATTA[Book 2 : Hadith 2.16.64 ]

Yahya related to me from Malik from Hisham ibn Urwa that his father used to say, "If any of you touches his penis he has to do wudu." MALIK MUWATTA[Book 2 : Hadith 2.16.63]

Those scholars who say that wudu does not break by touching private parts base their opinion on the below mentioned saying of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh), the fact is that the majority of the scholars support this opinion.

Narrated Talq: We came upon the Prophet of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). A man came to him: he seemed to be a bedouin. He said: Prophet of Allah, what do you think about a man who touches his penis after performing ablution? He (peace_be_upon_him) replied: That is only a part of his body. ABU-DAWUD[Book 1 : Hadith 182]

The majority of scholars are also of opinion that the touching depends upon the intentions, if one touches his private parts with the intention of some sexual desire then the wudu breaks, but if some one accidentally, without any bad intention happens to touch his private part then he need not renew his wudu. And Allah knows the best
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK